So for a long time now we've been fairly certain that Ryker is allergic to peanuts. When he was fairly young, and tried some peanut candy, he started to cough and weez, and finally threw everything up. Ever since then (at the doctors advice), we've never given him any sort of peanut product. The doctor told us then, that they usually don't do allergy testing in children until they're at least 5. Ryker knows he can't have peanut butter, and he tells people that all the time. Well....a few weeks ago, Canyon decided to make himself a PB&J. Ryker was SO sweet, and decided to make one for me. Didn't think much of it until a half hour or so later, and he eye was about swollen shut with hives all over it. The only thing I could think was that he rubbed some of the peanut butter on his eye. We finally decided whether he was 5 or not we needed to get him tested for allergies. Today was that day!! Since Ryker also has asthma, they did some lung testing too. Here's a few pics of our day.....
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Aaaah Nuts!!!
Posted by The Brann's at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
24 comments:
I am glad that you did the testing so you know what he is allergic to and also that you can treat him to stay ahead enstead of playing catchup with his asthma. His back looked like it hurt.
How sad. I hope he is feeling better, that looks so painful.
Poor guy. That looks miserable. I will always remember no peanuts for my Rykee. He was a brave boy. I hope he got a prize!
Poor kid! That's the pits. Peanut butter is the best and he has to miss out. Looks like he was brave during the testing though. What a tough kid! I'll remember no peanuts for Ryker! It's helpful that he remembers too. :)
Poor guy!!!! I'm glad you were able to find out what he's alergic to. I'm soooo nervous that when I take alaura in they'll do that to her too...Did it hurt him?
What a trooper. I hope he got a big treat after that testing. Poor guy!
Oh my gosh.. my lil' Ryker buddy! Makes me sad!
WOW. I've never seen an allergy test before. Interesting. POOR BOY too, I can't believe he is allergic to everything.
Yeah, keep that epi pen handy at all times!!!!!!!
He is so cute!!
Brooke...I test did hurt him a little, but I wouldn't say it was really painful. They wrote on his back, and then did little dops of everything they were testing him for, and they went through, and pricked everyone of the drops. The nurse kept asking him questions, so he wouldn't think about the pricking. I think the worst part for Ryker was because of the hives his back itched, but he couldn't touch it.
In one of the movies we watched, they mentioned red dye is one of the common thing people are allergic too. It might not hurt to have your little one tested!!!
Poor guy! That would be so hard for my girls. Bart and my mom have them addidcted to peanut butter cups. At least now you know for sure and can let everybody know to keep them away from him.
The first pics were as they walked out of the temple, she was slouching. ;) We used a stool to make up some of the hight difference in a few of the pics. Others we had them satnd on different hight grades etc. the first one wasn't really a pose though. Thanks for pointing it out though (the first pic gives a more accurate picture of the hight difference though.
That looks like it kills....good thing you know now what he can and can't have...to bad most of it is can't have.
Oh my gosh! That is so sad and crazy. Poor baby! Better safe than sorry though.
What a bummer for the little dude to be allergic to soooo much! And nuts??? Sad.
That is sad! I would never let that pen out of my sight! He looked like he was super brave though.
Weird question....were we in a singing group together when we were like 5? That was you, right???
What a bummer! Make sure the daycare has an epipen too! Allergies are lousy, sorry!
Poor baby!! I'm glad you got the tests done, though. Now you know for sure. I can't wait to see you guys on the 22nd!!!
I am so sorry that he had to go throuogh that. Tyler had to do that also about 6 moths ago. He is allergic to nuts and to grass. No fun
Thank you for coming to visit with us. Your boys are so cute and polite!
Kacie....you're embarrasing me!! ha ha ha.....are you looking at pictures or something?? What made you think of that?? Oh...the memories of Starburst!!!
Your embarassed, I had to be Mrs. Clause.....I'm never gonna live that down. Good times though.
Oh wow...thats kinda scary. Good thing you did the tests.
Sorry I took the poll of already...
HORRIBLE! Joyce's little boy, Seth, has a really severe allergy to peanuts. They have to go everywhere with their epipen. He's got an allergy of a '4'. I think 5 is the worst!
I'll hide the peanut butter when you come over.
Post a Comment