Thursday, February 7, 2008

Finally....Canyon lost some teeth!!

So last night, I'm helping Canyon get his teeth brushed. He tells me that he can feel something behind his front bottom teeth. I look...and sure enough, his permanent teeth have broke through behind his baby teeth. I call the dentist first thing this morning, and we go in to have them take a look, and make sure all is okay. Well....the dentist doesn't seem to think that with how the permanent teeth are coming in, that they'll push the baby teeth out like they should. SO....we got the news I was dreading hearing....they were going to need to pull his teeth. They happened to have time then, so I said go ahead!!! I think Canyon was a little shocked. I don't think he expected anything like that at all.
Some of these pics are a little graphic.....hopefully they don't gross anyone out!!!
Here he is with all his teeth!!!
One gone....and one more to go....
The finished look!!!
A little closer look. Yucky...i know....but you can see his permanent teeth, so i thought I'd post this one too!! He's feeling much better now than he was earlier, and he can't wait for the tooth fairy to visit him tonight. He told me he thought he deserved $100 for having to have them pulled at the dentist!! What is the going rate for the Tooth Fairy now days anyway???

8 comments:

Gwen said...

Those are quite some pictures but at least it is done and you wont have to worry about it

Becky said...

Yikes! $100 is lots of money. You will have to let us know how much the tooth fairy brings him. ;)

Jylaire said...

What happened to the tooth fairy leaving a dollar? My brother had to have every one of his baby teeth pulled, and he turned out okay!

Hollyween said...

Levi just lost his 6th tooth this week. The tooth fairy cannot keep up at our house.

The tooth fairy left 5 bucks for the first tooth, but now she's poor so last time Levi got a 1.50.

pie said...

Actually, I kind of agree that maybe he should get a little more than normal since they were force out! Who knows.

Andrea said...

Poor kid! What a miserable way to lose teeth for the first time! Please give him hugs from all of us--glad to hear he's doing better now. (When you figure out the going tooth-fairy price let me know!)

Jen said...

We are dying to know just how much the tooth fairy left!!! You gotta tell us soon. I think I might die!!!

Mariel said...

Oh, traumatic. Luckily, he got it done immediately and didn't have to fester about it for weeks... It's cool that you've got it all documented!