I never got around to posting a Valentine's post yesterday. The day was a little hectic. It started out with me and Ryker going to Canyon's school for his Valentine's party. All went well except the fact that the mother who planned the whole thing was a half hour late for the party, for the second time!!! (keep in mind, they've only had 2 class parties!!....yes....40 minutes late for the first one, and only 30 minutes late for the second one). As you can tell, I wasn't irritated at all. Anyway....after ignoring the fact that his room rep is an idiot, the party went well, and the kids had fun. I guess I really shouldn't complain about the room rep, but if you aren't capable of handling something...DON'T volunteer for it!!! Okay....i'm done venting now.....
So....After school got out, and Chad got home from the gym, we decided to go to lunch for Valentine's instead of dinner. That way we didn't have to deal with all the crowds and lines. We went to my favorite place....Olive Garden....that always make me happy. Of course the kids went with us on our "romantic" lunch date. Then we went shopping for a bit, and just hung out. We ordered pizza for dinner, and then did some cookies with the kids.
Playing BINGO at the class party.
Lunch at the Olive Garden...
Note....For I think the first time EVER...Chad and I actually sat by each other instead of us both sitting by a kid......see....it really was romantic!!!
Cookie fun with the kiddos....
Don't mind the cookie dough wrapper in the picture....I've never claimed to be Better Crocker....and my kids attention wouldn't last long enough to make the dough AND cook the cookies....so the pre-made dough works great!!!
Hope everyone had a Wonderful Valentines!!!
8 comments:
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I look at yours too!!
Sounds like you had a fun Valentine's day!! Your kids are adorable!
You definitely should go see the twins sometime soon, but probably after RSV season is the best. That was the first time they had brought them somewhere else besides the hospital! They are starting to change and get darker skin. So fun!
Becky
Cute Valentines Brenda!!
I want Olive Garden now. Thanks a lot!!
I never thought of making cookies. Next year Bailey and I will do that. Thanks for the cute idea!
:)
Sounds like a lot of fun. Your kids are cute and you look so pretty.
Glad to see that you sat next to eachother!!! Looks like you had a great valentines Day.. I love the cookie idea.
Cute pictures! Sounds like a fun day. That is crazy about the class rep...that is annoying!! I would have been ticked too.
wow - looks like a very busy day... but who would want to spend it any other way??
Sounds like you guys had a busy and fun day! And I'm so proud to hear you and Chad sat together at the Olive Garden--romantic valentines dates can be a bit difficult with kids!
Ethan and Noah still have valentines for Canyon and Ryker. (Delivery by the end of February still counts right!?!?) :)
Post a Comment