I had such a wonderful and relaxing Mother's day. Although we didn't do much, I couldn't have asked for a better day/weekend. Saturday night we went out to dinner at Mimi's Cafe to celebrate with Chad's mom which was nice. Even though they live really close, we don't see his mom and Ray as much as we should.
Canyon's had his mother's day gift from school since Thursday. It was killing him to wait clear until Sunday to give it to me. Saturday night he was telling me how he couldn't wait until morning. He's so cute. Anyway....I told Chad that he had to get up with the boys on Sunday morning so I could sleep in. No such luck.....Canyon woke my up at 5:45 telling me Happy Mother's day and asking if I was ready to open my present yet. I did get him to go back to sleep for a short time, but 7 o'clock...he was up and ready for me to open my present. I gave in this time, and got out of bed for him. He gave me cute little card that he made, a sun reflector, and a coupon book full of sweet chores I can redeem at any time. Ryker also made a cute picture for me at daycare. They we both so excited to give their gifts, and that just made my day.
We then decided to go get some breakfast. I figured that every breakfast place would be packed. Chad took us up to The Oaks, up Ogden Canyon. I had never eaten breakfast there before, and it was yummy. I took a few pics of the boys while we were waiting for our food, and Chad took a few of me and the boys. Here's us getting ready for the picture...
(Thanks for the warning!!!)
And here we are all ready for the picture....
I love my boys so much, and cherish every moment I have with them. After breakfast Chad went home and took a nap since he was going to have to work. They boys and I went and visited Chad's step-mom and my dear friend Amy. We also watched the jazz game and went and visited my mom that evening. It was such a wonderful day, and I'm grateful to be a mom. I'm also grateful for the wonderful mother I have. She's such a great example, and blessing in my life. Love you Mom!!!
11 comments:
I'm so glad you had such a great Mother's Day--The Oaks is WAY yummy and I love your pictures. That's cute that Canyon was so excited to give you your gift--what a neat little guy (I'm just sorry you didn't get to sleep in more!)
you are all so cute! oh and colton my almost three year old has to play with my hair before he goes to bed to. or anytime i pick him up that is the first thing he grabs!
Thank you sweetheart! I love and appreciate you so much!!!
Glad you had a great day! You deserve it. I love the before and after pix!!
I'm glad you had such a great day! It sounds like you've been pretty busy. Three part-time jobs?? I can barely handle one full-time job! You are supermom!!
You are crazy busy! No wonder you've had no time for blogging! I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day!
You look so pretty in those pictures!!!!
That's it. I need to see you. It's time for a lunch. Let me know when you're not as busy.
I had no idea you went back to work!!! I've been so behind on blogging lately. I read WAAAAY too many.
Looks like you had a great day. I love the pics of you and your boys. You look gorgeous!
I'm glad that you had a great mothers day. I have to agree your boys are cute one of my fav. i love you guys
Glad to hear you had a good mothers day. You really are increadibly busy...and just plain incredible for doing it all!!!!!
That's so cute that they were so anxious to give you the gift! I love it when little ones are like that. Seems like you got some pretty awesome kids. =)
Post a Comment