Okay...so Canyon saw this cute little craft on TV one day and wanted to do it. It was a little Thanksgiving day center piece. It was a little pumpkin that you cut the top off of and fill with fake flowers. Nothing really complicated. I had him ask his Grandma if it was alright if he brought the center peice, and of course she said that was fine. So we went and bought all the stuff so he could do this fun project, and he had a fun time doing it. I helped him make it this morning, and he was excited to take it today. Well....Chad came home from the gym, and Canyon was showing him what we had done, and he started freakin' out that I was turning our boy into a fairy, cuz "boys don't do crafts". So.....what I'm asking is if anyone else thinks it's odd that my little boy likes to do crafty things. I mean I could understand Chad starting to worry if he was 15 and still interested in doing stuff like this, but he's only 6. Does anyone else see this as a big deal, or am I really turning him into a fairy boy???? I'd love to hear other opinions. Here's a couple pics of the finished project.....
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
okay. That's it. Are YOU learning all the blogging know-how or do you have a specail inside friend doing all the work for you? I really must know because I need access to this special friend to make my blog look pretty.
As for your son being a fairy, you know that I don't think he's a fairy. But dad's are like that sometimes and they overreact. Did I ever tell you about the time that my neighbor painted Levi's toenails? I thought John was going to grab his shotgun shoot someone. He was NOT PLEASED!
I just found a cute Christmas download, and decided what I wanted to use for my background paper. I have a friend that's awesome with Photoshop, so I showed it to her, and she made the header for me. Looks great huh?? Hopefully she'll show me how to work Photoshop soon, so I can do it myself.
Mom and Dad,
We sure don't see anything wrong with Canyon enjoying doing some crafty things and you definetely are not making him into a fairy. He did a good job on the centerpiece, it is cute.
I don't think it's bad. It just means that he has a creative mind. And someday it might just be that creative mind that makes him his living. I don't see a dang thing wrong with it.
Oh my goodness, that is hilarious!!! And sooo cute. I think it is adorable. My husband is the same way and would do the same thing. Dad's want their boys to be rough and tough!! My little guy used to wear my high heels and necklaces and my husband would FREAK out. Even now Tanner likes to read Cinderella, it cracks me up. It's all good. Don't worry. Now, if you were doing that all day everyday with him I wouldn't agree...but my word, they are just using their creative minds. It's cute!!
i dont think so at all. If he likes doing it and your worried, have him do "boy" crafts like legos and modeling clay.
Cute centerpiece!
There is nothing wrong with doing crafts. Even today I sometimes do crafts especially when my wife makes me....if she can pull me away from football (European and American). Don't stress.
Post a Comment