Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"Blog Brownies"

So awhile ago, Holly did a post about some "blog brownies" and talked about how fabulous they were. (link to Holly's post). So of course I had to try them. I made some to go along with our steak dinner for New Years Eve. We hung out at Amy & Jarred's for a little while, and everyone enjoyed the brownies with us. I highly recommend making them. Here's the recipe incase you're craving them now...
Grasshopper Brownies
(I halved this recipe and it worked great for a 9x13 pan)
Brownies:
2 boxes brownie mix

Mint Frosting:
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup soft butter
2 Tbsp. water
1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
4 drops green food coloring

Chocolate Topping:
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter

1) To make the Brownies follow the recipe for "cake-like" brownies. Or if their isn't one, add 3 more eggs. Pour into a large, greased cookie sheet, bake and let cool completely

2) To make the mint frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, water, peppermint extract and food coloring. Mix. Spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate until hard on top.

3) To make chocolate topping microwave chocolate chips and butter for 2 minutes. Stir until all chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Add 1-2 tsp. peppermint extract. As soon as this mixture thickens and is no longer hot, spread over mint topping on brownies. Put back into the refrigerator until hard.
4) Enjoy! This batch feeds a lot by the way.

Here's some more pics of our New Years fun.....




4 comments:

Hollyween said...

They really ARE the greatest brownies EVER are they not?
Looks like you guys had a great New Years!

Anonymous said...

Those looks so good. I still havent gotten the self control to make them.

Our Family Blog said...

Yummy! I will have to save this one for when I get a chocolate craving!

Mariel said...

Looks like quite the party! Thanks for the recipe post...I'm craving them already!